- GEL - gel-like product and only cures under UV or LED lamp. Will not air dry.:
- Hard gel – final gel nail appears hard when extension is done. Can or cannot be soaked off.
- Soft gel – final gel nail appears soft when overlay is done, usually not used for extensions. Can be soaked off.
- Traditional gel – final gel nail that cannot be soaked off. Traditional gel is not equivalent to hard gel.
- Soak off gel – final gel nails that can be soaked off. Soak off gel is not equivalent to soft gel. ACRYLIC - using monomer and acrylic powder to sculpture extensions, or to create embossed/3D nail art. Dries up and harden in seconds to minutes, UV/LED lamp not required.
Type of gel: